Dental Vacation in Costa Rica for Retirees
- by vinaykumar
- 10:25 PM UTC
Senior citizens are prone to a number of dental problems including but not limited to gum deterioration, loss of teeth, discoloration and so on. More than 25% of seniors over the age of 74 have lost all of their teeth, according to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Yet, with rising dental costs and limited insurance, quality dental care in the United States isn’t always the best option.
More and more retirees are turning to getting full mouth restorations, dental crowns and bridges and all on 4 dental implants abroad, especially in Costa Rica as the tiny Central American country has ensconced itself as a sunrise value-for-money dental tourism destination. The Academy of General Dentistry named Costa Rica as one of the best dental tourism destinations in the world in 2006.
Costa Rica – A Premier Dental Getaway for Retirees
There are a number of reasons why Costa Rica is a great destination for dental tourism, especially for retirees. Some of those reasons include:
- Natural Beauty. Costa Rica is one of the most serene places on earth, filled with clean beaches, and an abundance of flora and fauna. Dental tourism gives you a great reason to visit Costa Rica and experience paradise on earth.
- Dental Professionalism. Costa Rica has some great dental clinics. Many a dental clinic in Costa Rica is staffed with highly educated dentists. These clinics boast of highly experienced dental professionals, many of whom have practiced in the US and Europe. They are familiar with treating overseas patients, making it easy for them to understand American expectations.
- Quality Treatment. In Costa Rica, you’ll be sure to be treated with all of the latest technology in comfortable clinics. The treatment that you receive in Costa Rica will be on par or better than that in the United States.
- Cost. The number one reason that retirees are going to Costa Rica for dental work is to save up to 60% on their dental expenses.
Safety in Costa Rica
If you are considering traveling to Costa Rica for a dental holiday, you may be wondering if it is safe or not. No matter where you travel, as a foreigner you are an easier target for criminal activity. The best ways to guard yourself and have a great vacation are summed up below:
- Avoid walking around alone after dark.
- Avoid walking around in abandoned places, even if there are two or more of you.
- Do not go anywhere alone with strangers or people you just met.
- Arrange day trips or rental cars through reputable rental companies or your hotel.
- Get to know your hotel staff, so that they are more aware of your coming and going.
- Get the manager of the hotel’s mobile phone number if at all possible.
- Do not carry large sums of cash with you.
These are a few tips that can help ensure that you remain safe and that you have a great holiday during your stay in Costa Rica.
Places to Visit When on a Dental Trip to Costa Rica
Costa Rica is most well known for its natural beauty. Luxuriant in beaches, mountains, flora and fauna, it is a nature lover’s dream come true. Some places you will want to visit during your dental vacation to Costa Rica include:
- Tortuguero, aka “Costa Rica’s Amazon”, is easily explored by a vast network of canals that allow you to experience the depths of the jungle by boat.
- Arenal Volcana is one of the most famous volcanoes Costa Rica has to offer.
- Tamarindo Beach is an eco-friendly beach that also attracts a large surfer population.
If you would also like to experience some of the rich culture and history of Costa Rica, you should visit the following:
- Cartago City is the home of the Black Madonna statue which people believe to have the ability to heal. Many pilgrims make their way to Cartago City every year.
- Museo de Art Costarricense (Costa Rican Art Museum) is open seven days a week. People over 55 have free admittance.
Costa Rica has long been a favorite tourist destination and is now gaining popularity as a dental vacation destination for retirees. With ample services aimed at retirees, you can and will have the experience of a lifetime during your dental holiday in Costa Rica.
Like this article? Get more articles like this - Subscribe Now