A New Eco-Development Resort Community in Costa Rica

Share
costa-rica-wellness-sustainable_development

Image source: Wikipedia

Today in the Real Estate Development World there are several variations of eco-developments/resort communities. What actually is an eco-development?

A definition for Eco-Development is yet to reach the encyclopedia. However, there are other terms such as Eco-efficiency and Eco-sustainability, which play a key-defining role in Eco-Development as it relates to developing a resort community and other types of developments.

The term eco-efficiency was coined by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) in its 1992 publication “Changing Course”. It is based on the concept of creating more goods and services while using fewer resources and creating less waste and pollution.

World Business Council for Sustainable Development

World Business Council for Sustainable Development

The term Sustainable development is a pattern of resource use that aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also in the indefinite future. The term was used by the Brundtland Commission, which coined what has become the most often-quoted definition of sustainable development as development that “meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”. The field of sustainable development can be conceptually broken into three constituent parts: environmental sustainability, economic sustainability, and sociopolitical.

We, at La Joya Perfecta, aka “LJP” are embarking on a truly amazing development. We believe this development will be a clear leader in the field of sustainable development beyond other conventional developments under consideration within the OSA peninsula region.

The design objective for the La Joya Perfecta, an eco-resort, wellness spa, and residences, is to utilize an ecologically innovative approach to the built environment. In understanding the site conditions, site capacity, and by integrating ecological design, it is our intention to set new standards in sustainability, demonstrating commitment in each element of the project. The goal is for this project to become a model for the region and for resorts around the world.

Conventional developments quantify the minimum habitat they are required to restore and relegate restoration activities to extremities of the site or mitigate offsite. The La Joya Perfecta development however, considers a restorative approach by restoring the site’s ecological values and processes, and incorporates restoration as part of the architecture and program. La Joya Perfecta is developing only 30% of property and leaving 70% in its natural or open state.

Rating 2.50 out of 5

Like this article? Get more articles like this - Subscribe Now

 

Leave a Reply

 

Popular Posts

Home ContactPodcastPrivacy NoticeHTML SitemapXML Sitemap


© 2017 www.costaricaviews.com : Local Views from Costa Rica's Rainforest - News, Wellness, Real Estate, Travel

Click here for BBB Business Review